Who We Are
IMC GROUP P.C. key personnel are Marine & Maritime professionals with traced records of achievements, starting back to 1981, in the following maritime fields:
- Management of Ships:
With the adoption of ISM code by SOLAS in 1994, our key personnel were heavily involved in the management of different types of ships, such as Passenger Car Ferries, General Cargo / Multipurpose Vessels and Bulk Carriers.
- Major Vessels’ Conversions:
Involvement in Major conversion projects of Passenger Car Ferries and Cruisers vessels started at 1981 mainly with Middle East clients. Conversions were mainly performed in Piraeus/Greece with our key personnel acting either as supervisors / subcontractor or main contractors. For the records, conversions included among other vessels F/B “Lord Sina”, F/B “Farah I”, F/B “Meka”, F/B “Jimmy”. The reputation in conversions of ships was growing year by year and new conversion projects had been assigned from European clients. One of the greatest projects took place in 1990. A major conversion of floating hotel, named “Flotel Europa” (all existing cabins were totally refurbished and the capacity of the hotel was increased from 510 to 1200 beds). It should be noted that this project was “one of its kind”, performed in Piraeus, and delivered in advance of deadline to the client, the Danish company ‘Blaesjberg Marine Aarchus’).
- Marine Surveys / Audits:
- Statutory / class surveys and certification: (on behalf of various R.O. and non ICAS classification societies, as Senior Surveyors and / or Lead Maritime Auditors).
- Marine Casualty investigations: Our key personnel maritime professionals are specialised Marine Casualty investigators with assignments in major casualties investigation on behalf of Flag State Administration. Recent marine casualty investigations included, but not limited to following type of marine casualties;
- Collision Investigations (M/V “PACIFIC HIGHWAY” 2016, M/V “PRINCESS T” 2014, M/V “SUNROAD YATSUKSA” 2014, M/T “CS CRANE” 2013, M/V “BARU SATU” 2013, M/V “MSC MAGNIFICA” 2013, M/V “ERK” 2011, M/V “MOUNT ATHOS” 2010)
- Sunk Investigation (M/V “TIAN YUN” 2013, M/V “DILI STAR”, 2010)
- Grounding Investigations (M/V “NEW KATERINA” 2016, M/V “NEW MYKONOS” 2016, M/V “SUAT BEY” 2014, M/V “BRIGHT ROYAL” 2013, M/V “NOVA D” 2013, M/V “FGM COMMANDER” 2011)
- Machinery Failure Ingestigation (M/V “TAI AN” 2013, M/V “FRANCONIA” 2013)
- Fire Ingestigation –
- Personal Injury / Fatality Investigation (M/V “PRIMROSE ACE” 2016, M/V “GROWING” 2014, M/T “ASPAM SAMRAT” 2013, M/V “KUROBE” 2013, M/V “IRON PHOENIX” 2013)
- Independent Surveys: Condition, damage, class records, repairs appraisal, etc.
- Flag Safety inspections: On behalf of various white list Flag State Administrations such as Panama, Liberia, Marshal Island etc.
- ISM/ISPS/MLC, 2006 audits and certification: On behalf of various R.O. and non IACS classification societies, as Lead Maritime Auditors.
- Top Management Consultation for Ship Managements Companies:
Engagement in set up and organization, of management companies operating passengers’ vessels, in the area of Middle East.
- Registration Projects:
Vessel registration, Companies incorporation, Insurance Claims consultation, Seafarers certification etc.
FROM THIS EXTENDED IMC GROUP P.C. KEY PERSONNEL INVOLVEMENT IN MARITIME PROJECTS; THE COMPANY HAS DEVELOPED AN IN-DEPTH KNOW-HOW AND PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL EXPERTISE ON THE APPLICABLE INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL SHIPPING REGULATIONS AND BEST MARINE PRACTICES.